Friday, March 5, 2010

There are a lot of things that blow my mind when it comes to the new music scene. The wedge has introduced many of these up and coming artists. Myself , being from the greater Toronto area, am privledged enough to share the same corner store as these talented musical mutants.  I have been in love with many indie artists, not as fad, but as a musical taste, or religion.  It has became apparant to me that my palate loves new musical trends, but still craves the same popular treats my ears long to hear (Tom Waits, Ween, Joy Division, PIL, Sonic Youth, I could do this all day..) .
    
  I first heard about Rykarda Parasol from one of my fav. on-line music stations.  At first I thought she was very PJ Harvey inspired, very Velvet Underground.  But as I listened on, I began to hear more of her musical inspirations behind the words and her voice.  In my opinion, its ok if it's been all done before.  Just like food, our ears love our favorite tunes, and some of us more adventurous types like new flavours.  It's ok if its been done before, as long as you added a cherry on top.  

Rykarda has some pretty powerful pipes, and some of her songs are very mellow.  Light a smoke and enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvHkBiriewQ

No comments:

Post a Comment