Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dead Woman's Revival..

I have recently walked the corridors of Indigo looking for answers!  I feel like this year has started off on the wrong foot musically and I need a melodic pick-me up.  Looking for something a little Bobby Vinton meets The Misfits (just the flavour I wanted on my palette that day- last week I was looking for Freddie Mcgregor meets the Clarendonians and realized I just wanted to listen to some Viceroys after all). I was looking for something with choir chants and 1940's piccolo flute, and BOY,did I find what I was looking for.  I have discovered something so wonderful , yet somehow it was right under my nose!  I first heard of actor Ryan Gosling's band of brothers called Dead Man's Bones a few months ago when I read a brief music review in Bust magazine.  I thought they sounded wonderful! Planning on research was a must, but getting caught up with life allowed me to decline in blogging lately.  So in my usual attempt to go to Chapters without buying anything but a coffee with , I found something pulling me in the direction of the music section.  I knew what I wanted, but wasn't sure If they would have it. And to think I misjudged!  I had a craving, and I am fed.  Not Only do I find the words so lyrically satisfying, I actually have Ty liking a few of the tracks! (something that never happens when I obsess over new music).  Gosling provides vocals much like those of Ian Curtis of  Joy division. You will love the melodies and find yourself listening to the album a few times a day.  Oh and the Silverlake Conservatory Children's Choir pays a huge contribution to this album (the icing on the cake). This is my favorite pick of the year so far..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEvF7qUf2Pc

No comments:

Post a Comment